Search This Blog

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Happy Chanukah!

It's that time of year again when the holidays begin and the eating makes us all feel good!

I baked these sugar cookies for our family Chanukah dinner. The decorated ones were given to me as a gift from my former student, Rebecca.  She also gave me gorgeous decorated Chanukah cookies last year that tasted just as good as they looked! 

I think that I have perfected making potato latkes! This was my third and final time making them this week.  But all joking aside....they really are delicious. For the recipe I use, click here. This year I added a few pinches of paprika to the mix. It added some flavour and color to the latkes.

Tonight is the fifth night of Chanukah so five candles are lit.
Happy Chanukah!

5 comments:

  1. Happy chanukah! :D
    we also celebrate it tonight, but it's so hard to find chanukah candles in the netherlands :[ we always have to bring them from america or israel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Chanukah to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Chanukah!! :D I hope it is going great!!!
    I love reading your blog! You do some awesome stuff!!

    I have a question. I am a student at Le Cordon Bleu in Pittsburgh, Pa. I work in the library as the editor-in -chief of our schools newspaper and blog. I know you and your husband are fans of Bakerella. And I absolutely love her! I am writing a featured article about her, her blog, and cakepops book. I was wondering how your husband got in contact with her, when he wanted to propose to you.

    I hope this doesn't sound weird or anything. I just don't have anywhere else to turn to try to get in contact with her.

    I hope you can help, because it would be awesome if I could do a email interview, because everyone here loves her.

    Thanks so much for listening to me.
    I hope you have a great day

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah,
    Bakerella is awesome at responding to e-mail. I would try to e-mail her through her blog and she will definitely get back to you in due time. That is how Rich made initial contact with her!
    Good luck,
    Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Melissa,
    I contacted her and she actually got back to me the same day. Which really excited me!!!

    Thanks so much!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete