Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

Valentine's Day Cake Pops

It's time to start thinking about Valentine's Day!  To give you some ideas, I will be posting a few Valentine's Day recipes over the next few weeks!

"Happy Valentine's Day sweetie, from one heart cake pop to another!"

Pictured above are most of the materials you will need to make these pops.

Materials you will need:
20 uncoated cake balls
wax paper
baking sheet
1 pound red chocolate candy coating
Deep, microwave-safe plastic bowl
20 lollipop sticks
40 white heart sprinkles
6-12 pink heart sprinkles (optional)
Styrofoam block
Black edible-ink pen 

For basic cake pop instructions click here.
I used these jumbo heart sprinkles that can be found almost anywhere around Valentine's Day.  I used the white hearts for the eyes and the pink hearts to make the bows.

I used the larger heart shaped cookie cutter as a guide to frame the heart pop.  The heart was not quite as big as the large cutter but not as small as the small cutter. To form the heart, I rolled out a regular ball and flattened it slightly. I then used the top part of the cookie cutter to shape the top of it and the bottom of the cutter to shape the bottom. 

Here's what they looked like pre-dipped. I used a vanilla cake and my own chocolate butter cream icing for these pops. After they set in the freezer for about 20 minutes, I dipped each lollipop stick into the red candy melts and inserted a stick about half way into each one.

I transferred the melted candy coating into a smaller narrower container.

Which made it easy to dip...

And remove!

After a little tap, tap, tap, I immediately adhered the heart eyes to the pops. Once they dried, I used my edible ink pen to add all of the details: the eyelashes, eyebrows and smiles.

All of the pops rested in a styrofoam block to continue drying before being packaged.

How cute...a family of heart cake pops!

All packed up and ready to be delivered! 
Happy Valentine's Day!

15 comments:

  1. Super cute, I forgot what site I was looking at and thought for a minute I was at bakerella :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable. New to your blog but going to look around :) Come and enter my first give away.
    mickey
    http://monstermama-monstermama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. extremely adorable!!! i just loved them! I so badly want to have them now!!!
    valentine-special.forums.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Cute! I'm planning on making heart cake pops as well for Valentine's day. Hope mine turn out as cute as yours.


    http://sweetlymade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. super adorable! Stashing this away for next year.

    hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So clever and looks so real and delicious! Truly an award winning cake. Like WOW!!! :)

    Highly recommended Auto Repair Kent Service

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! We LOVE your image and would like to feature it as a blog post within an article for a new food website, with your permission.

    Please get in touch with us so we can send you the article and more details? editorial.homemade@gravityroad.com

    Thanks! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. valentines day quotes for friends

    ReplyDelete
  10. Initial You got a awesome blog .I determination be involved in plus uniform minutes. i view you got truly very functional matters , i determination be always checking your blog blesss. What is the difference between CBD oil and hemp oil for pets?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting information, worth recommending. However, I recommend this: Where to buy CBD oil for cats?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for supporting the idea of 360 degree feedback. I’ve seen it create division in senior teams when handled incorrectly and seen transformation happen when used elegantly. It’s all about the intention and skill of those who facilitate the process.
    Chinese New Year Cakes Goodies

    ReplyDelete