Search This Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Cake Pop Bouquets for my Sister's Engagement Party

My sister, my mom and I had a blast creating the "edible centerpieces" for my sister's engagement party a few weeks ago.  They were original, creative and delicious! 
To make these centerpieces here are the items you will need:
-all of the ingredients to make basic cake pops
-a mix of longer and shorter lollipop sticks
-Fiskars X-Large Easy Squeeze Punch (The link is similar to the one I bought but not exactly the same.)
-tear drop hole punch (pictured below)
-"Save the Date tags" (that I created myself and so can you!)

-vases of some sort or planter (My sister bought these adorable, purple planters at IKEA)
-styrofoam balls (which I found at Dollarama)
-rocks (also bought at Ikea)

To begin, I created two different "save the date" tags on the computer and printed them at Staples on cardstock. The firmer paper allowed them to slide through the lollipop sticks without ripping. I used my newly purchased scalloped squeeze punch to cut out all of the tags.  This was a lot easier than cutting circles by hand!
I had to make sure that I left enough space above and below the design to punch teardrop holes in order to slide the stick through the tags.

Aren't the tags cute?
My sister just loved them!
I didn't manage to take pictures of the 8 cakes that my mom and sister baked or the huge mess that we made in my mom's kitchen the day after she had a cleaning lady at her house! Nonetheless, the centerpieces turned out very well.  See below for some pictures.
My sister was thrilled that she bought crystal sprinkles to add a little character to the top of the pops. If you choose to do the same, be sure to sprinkle them onto the pops immediately after they are dipped in the candy melts, as the candy melts dry very quickly.

Adrienne very neatly arranged each pop into its place in the planter.  The styrofoam allowed the sticks to set right into place without moving.

Mazel tov Adrienne and David!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing! You know I loved them! :)
    Btw, I made cakepops (once!) using the same monochrome crystal sprinkle technique. Instead of dropping the sprinkles onto the wet pop, I dunked the wet pop right into a cup of sprinkles. It worked great!
    Mazel tov Age and David! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The engagement party pop treats look wonderful! Congratulations to your sister and her fiance. Eight cakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love the scalloped circle cutter, I'm going to need to look into that. Congratulations to your sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading this post, big fan. Keep up the good work andplease tell me when can you publish more articles or where can I read more on the subject? cupcakes in los angeles

    ReplyDelete