Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

Cookies for a Lawyer

I continue to have such original requests from one customer who has lawyers and doctors to congratulate!  Isn't that exciting?  This order was from the same lady who ordered Scrubs for a Doctor cookies. Remember those? 

The challenging part of making these cookies was finding a design that could be made without using a Kopykake projector, since I do not own one...yet! And, finding an original design that fit the request. In the end, I made two different cookies: one with a gavel and another with a scale of justice.

These are the images I used for each cookie.

For the cookies with the gavels on them, I first  piped and flooded each sugar cookie with green royal icing.

Then, I used Wilton Food Writer Edible Color pens to add the details.

For the scale of justice cookies I followed the same steps but piped and flooded white royal icing.
 
Then used a blue edible marker to add the details.

Then I packaged up the cookies and they were ready to be delivered.
Congratulations Mark!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Melissa,

    How did you add the details on the cookies? They look wonderful .Great job as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! As a lawyer, I had fun reading this post:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design ideas for the cookies. I'm sure the new lawyer loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous online journal you have here. You'll find me taking a gander at your stuff regularly. Spared! click here

    ReplyDelete